Church planting movements are the result of the Holy Spirit working through faithful men and women around the world who are sharing the gospel boldly and making disciples that make disciples. Here is an excerpt from the most recent prayer bulletin sent out by the 24:14 prayer network:
Two specific markers are used to determine whether or not a CPM is happening in a UPG:
- It has reproduced to four generations in multiple streams.
- It has rapid growth, reaching four generations of growth within the first 3-5 years.
The first three modern CPMs among the unreached began in the early 1990’s. Since 1995 the graph line has moved steadily upwards until now there are a reported 996 movements of 4th (or more) generation churches!
When the 24:14 Coalition had its inaugural meeting in April of 2017, CPM leaders estimated there to be approximately 200 CPMs globally. However, as more research was shared, it became clear that God was doing far more than anyone imagined! It continues to be so even until today! Praise God for His mighty power and His unrelenting pursuit of the unreached!
Research shows many things to be thankful for:
- 3316 UPG’s with active CPM engagement (at least one team among them trained in multiplication strategy)
- 74.1 million believers total in all of the CPM engagements
- 4.3 million churches total in all of the CPM engagements
- An average of 16 believers per house church in the reported CPMs.
Praise God that He truly does more than we could ever ask or imagine. May these reports stir us on to even bolder prayers!
Ephesians3:20-21 “Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.