Reboot has helped hundreds of believers re-capture the mission of Jesus in the book of Acts. And now, in the midst of lockdown restrictions, Reboot can be just as effective as ever. We dedicate one full month to study the book of Acts, and we invite you to participate. During the month, you will read one chapter of Acts per day and respond to a few key questions. Normally this will take no more than 15 minutes each day. At the end of each week, we will gather in virtual small group meetings to share what God has been teaching us. By the end of the month, you will have read and studied the entire book of Acts! It’s that simple.
The book of Acts is a powerful testimony of God’s work that teaches us amazing principles, many of which has been long lost in history. If you are up for the Reboot Daily challenge, please let us know by completing the Contact Form.
HERE'S THE PLAN FOR THE REBOOT CHALLENGE:
Beginning on the first day of the month, everyone reads a chapter of Acts on our own, and complete the worksheet--one chapter per day. The chapter corresponds to the day, so you'll read Acts 1 on the first day, and so on. The notes are yours to keep and won't be collected.
Once a week, we will also "gather" into small groups (by video) to share with one another what we are learning and how we are applying God's word. By the end of the month, you will have read and studied the entire book of Acts--and you will have an amazing collection of notes!
Instructions for the Daily Readings:
- Before you begin, take a moment to pray and ask the Lord to speak to your heart. The Holy Spirit will be your teacher!
- Read through the Acts Worksheet (we use the same worksheet every day) to familiarize yourself with the questions.
- Each day, study the chapter of Acts that corresponds to the date (on the 1st, study Acts chapter 1). Read through the chapter once, then go back and read it again, noting answers to the questions on the worksheet.
- Note the verse number and use abbreviations. For example in Acts 1.14 you could simply write 14, they were devoted to prayer
- PLEASE NOTE: you won't always find answers to all the questions in some chapters. Just leave that question blank.
- Be sure to complete the Points for Prayer & Action questions at the end, as these prompt you toward obedience.
If you get stuck or have a question, don't worry--just make a note of it and move on. You will be able to share these things in our weekly "gatherings." Please feel free to contact us by WhatsApp or email if there is anything you don't understand, or if you need someone to walk alongside you for a while.
Instructions for Leading the Small Group:
- Choose a means of connecting by video such as WhatsApp, Zoom, or Skype. Agree upon a day and time to meet that suits everyone.
- Before you begin, decide on the duration of the meeting. An hour and a half will give you time to share together without rushing. You may find it helpful to appoint a time-keeper so you won't go beyond the agreed time frame.
- The most effective approach is the use the AIM "three-thirds" pattern. Use the guideline shown the diagram at the right to lead you through each of the activities of a healthy session together. Devote about one-third of your time to each of these 3 segments.
- If you are leading the small group, be sure not to dominate the conversation. Instead, invite others to contribute equally to the discussion.
- This is a time of sharing what God has been teaching everyone. But remember, it's more than just learning facts! Be sure everyone shares how you have been obeying Jesus in what you have been learning, and report on the people you have been witnessing to as well as others you have been training.
- These gatherings are important, so don't minimize them. Let this be a time when you truly connect, share openly, and join hearts together. Even though it is a video call, you are doing what the body of Christ is called to do! Spur one another on and encourage one another to be obedient disciples of Jesus.
- Once the Reboot Challenge is over, there is no need to stop meeting. You can continue gathering to encourage and challenge one another. But be sure to keep reaching outward to those who are far from God, and to other believers that need you to invest in them as disciples.
We look forward to hearing what you are learning
and how you will put God's word into action!